Thursday, June 10, 2010

Peder Mork Monsted

Class... today's lesson is on unknown Danish landscape painter, Peder Mork Monsted. He was born in Denmark late into the impressionist movement, so of course no one has ever heard of him. But for some strange reason, he is being highly sought after in the auction circuit. I think it might be because his middle name is "Mork". Slight giggle. Or it could be because he is fabulous!


You won't find him in any museums. But, you will find him in wealthy collector's homes.


You can't touch one for under $25,000.


He traveled all over Europe, but during WWI he pretty much stayed close to Scandinavia. Aren't these woods just beautiful? I want to go there some day.


I really love his paintings. You really feel like you are there in the painting. I secretly want to paint landscapes. Okay, that secrets out. I really want to learn to paint landscapes, but everyone tells me to paint portraits. Someday...

No comments: