Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Shot a Deer in my Yard!



Yesterday, Art Girl saw a deer in our back yard. So I had to shoot it.


The blue rectangle thingy is our pool cover. Yes, the bushes are a bit overgrown. I just got here. I'll get to it okay?


She just stared at us and didn't know what to do.


"Should I go out the way I came?"


"What is the human thing looking at me with that big black thing on her face? " (Uh, a camera.)



"I think I'll go out that-a-way."


Art Girl was so happy to see it. In Arizona we don't have deer in our yards. I know the rest of you are like, "a deer? Really?" We also don't have four foot high thistles either- yuck!


Here she goes. Sorry for the blur but I didn't have time for settings.


"I'm outta here. "


Out the gate she goes. I like to think of my yard as 'lush greenness' not weedy.


"Bye, you weirdos."


We tried to find her but she ran out into this amazing wooded area. I love Iowa.

No comments: