Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Prairie Angels

Here is an incredible painting by Leon Parson. He is an art professor at BYU-Idaho. If I could do college over again I would have majored in fine art instead of interior design. I like designing homes but the client always gets in the way of my freedom. In painting you are the boss. Anyway, back to Leon, I asked him if he would sell this painting titled "Prairie Angels" and
a) I have no money to buy it, and
b) He's not selling.
But, he made prints and you can get one at http://www.onewest.net/~parson/LeonHome.html
I bring him up because I want to do a painting like this of my great -great grandmother who walked across the plains in 1856 with the Ellsworth company when she was just five years old. I'm trying to get it done for my family reunion. I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in having a copy. Let me know. I'll post pics as soon as I get them.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I think it is wonderful that you paint. What a neat talent. Thank you for encouraging Sheri to paint also. Keep up the Blogging I enjoy looking at it.