Friday, October 10, 2008

Breadsticks

In case you don't have breadstick recipe, this is how I make mine.
2 cups warm water
1 T yeast
2 t. sugar
2 T oil
1 t. salt
4 to 5 cups bread flour

Place into a mixer in the order listed. Mix in the flour one cup at a time until a soft, almost sticky dough forms. Knead for 10 minutes. Cover and let rise for about an hour. Roll out onto a floured surface about 3/4 of an inch thick. Cut with a pizza cutter into 1 inch strips and place onto a greased cookie sheet. You need to make sure they will touch when they rise or else they will dry out. Like my skin in the winter. Cover with plastic and let rise about 45 minutes or until double. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

When they come out of the oven, brush with butter or a mixture of olive oil and butter, or just olive oil. Whatever floats your boat.
Generously sprinkle with garlic salt. I like this Lawry's brand because it has flakes of garlic and some cute little green specks in it. I'm not exactly sure what they are but they make it look pretty and I'm all about looking pretty. Like my friends.
Some of my monkeys like me to sprinkle a little Italian seasoning on top of the garlic salt. That is really yummy, too. I have seen my monkeys just eat the breadsticks for dinner and nothing else. They are such monkeys.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Looks oh so yummy!!
Judy