Friday, October 10, 2008

I finished it!

Louisa Sheen, 1856

Well, I made the deadline. Just barely. What a stressful day I had yesterday. I must have called my friend Ora 20 times. I really owe her big time, (tamales to be exact) she wrote my artists bio and my art descriptions. I was just too freaked out to get it out of my head. I also have to thank Sarah (the best art teacher ever!) for helping me with ideas for my bio and for teaching me how to paint in the first place. She's a genius. And she is kind.
Here is a closeup of her face. I put in a litle curl on her forehead like so many of you suggested. I had a hard time getting a good photo. That canvas is more textured than I thought and it wouldn't let me get a sharp picture. It really looks better in real life. I just hope I can get a good scan for my family. I plan on making prints for them to have in their houses. Oh CRAP! I have to go and clean my house! I am probably not going to paint for awhile. I think I'll take a shower, too.

No comments: